Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wiring money to Canada
05-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Wiring money to Canada
Hi all!!

I am a Canadian citizen that has been hanging out in Costa Rica for a few years and have not been working (studying Spanish and hanging out). I wired about $40K from my bank account in Canada to my bank account in Costa Rica about 1.5 years ago. I am planning to go back to Canada soon and would like to wire back around $20K that I have left.

Is there a limit to how much I can wire back without having hassles about anti-laundering or having to pay taxes again on the money? It was originally wired from TD bank and I plan to wire it back to the same account. Would it be better to wire it back at two separate times for under $10K each to avoid any issues? I am not sure about the laws around this and nor was my TD bank rep.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

D.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

05-22-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Wiring money to Canada
Anyone?
05-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Hello,

You should be able to do a wire transfer to your Cdn bank account.

You can read here about what is required to send a wire to a Canadian bank from abroad. The requirements should be similar for wires coming from abroad to Canada: http://td.intelliresponse.com/accounts/?...estion=How

To my knowledge, there is no limit imposed by Canada on the amount of money you can wire into a Cdn account. Canadian bank do have to adhere to anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing legislation that requires them to report the details of large transactions to the Canadian government. http://www.fintrac-canafe.gc.ca/reportin.../1-eng.asp
07-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes I agree with above post, he really expose the idea very well.
I visited those mentioned link and really get a good idea.

car rentals gold coast
09-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Well, this is latest and shocking news about this one. As every account has its limit surprisingly this has not.